Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My New Toy!

A few weeks ago I was searching through Craigslist and I came across an external flash I've been wanting.  It was actually the old model of the flash I've been eyeing, but it was in good shape and it was 1/2 the cost of the new model.  I asked Hubby if I could get it but he said "no," we didn't have the money at the time. 

A few days after seeing the flash on Craigslist I remembered that I've made a little money from advertising and sponsored blog posts.  I checked my accounts and sure enough, I had enough money for the flash plus a little extra!  I asked Hubby if I could "borrow money from him" until my money got here and I would pay him back (with interest as an added incentive).  He agreed!

Look what I picked up last week!
*Photo taken with my cell phone.

It's a Canon Speedlite 420EX.  It's a basic flash, nothing special but it works for what I want it to do.  I want to be able to bounce and diffuse my flash.  This does the job!

Look at what a difference this flash makes! 
 Without any flash.

 Using the on-camera flash.

 My Canon Speedlite 420EX external flash bounced off the ceiling.

I'm SO EXCITED about my flash!  Unfortunately, I haven't had a lot of time to play with it.  We've had a bunch of family stuff going on over the past couple of weeks and most of it has been outdoors (you know, the 4th of July stuff...).  I look forward to doing some indoor shots soon!

Do you have an external flash?  What do you have and how do you use it?

Pin It Tweet This ! Share   On Facebook ! Share On StumbleUpon ! Send An Email ! Print This Page ! View As PDF !



6 comments:

deb duty said...

The difference between the on camera flash and your new flash is amazing. Now I know what my next camera related purchase needs to be.

dawn said...

"want list" entails new lense first,, but flash is on the list!

Yayyy!! Congrats on new camera gadget!
Thanks for demonstrating
~d

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Awesome!

Ashley Sisk said...

I am personally thrilled for you. YOu'll love it!

Unknown said...

very cool. try bouncing it off the ceiling but slightly behind you to avoid the overhead shadows. have fun playing!

Lula Lola said...

I need one! I have no flash at all! I bet you're going to love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails