Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My New Toy!

A few weeks ago I was searching through Craigslist and I came across an external flash I've been wanting.  It was actually the old model of the flash I've been eyeing, but it was in good shape and it was 1/2 the cost of the new model.  I asked Hubby if I could get it but he said "no," we didn't have the money at the time. 

A few days after seeing the flash on Craigslist I remembered that I've made a little money from advertising and sponsored blog posts.  I checked my accounts and sure enough, I had enough money for the flash plus a little extra!  I asked Hubby if I could "borrow money from him" until my money got here and I would pay him back (with interest as an added incentive).  He agreed!

Look what I picked up last week!
*Photo taken with my cell phone.

It's a Canon Speedlite 420EX.  It's a basic flash, nothing special but it works for what I want it to do.  I want to be able to bounce and diffuse my flash.  This does the job!

Look at what a difference this flash makes! 
 Without any flash.

 Using the on-camera flash.

 My Canon Speedlite 420EX external flash bounced off the ceiling.

I'm SO EXCITED about my flash!  Unfortunately, I haven't had a lot of time to play with it.  We've had a bunch of family stuff going on over the past couple of weeks and most of it has been outdoors (you know, the 4th of July stuff...).  I look forward to doing some indoor shots soon!

Do you have an external flash?  What do you have and how do you use it?

Pin It Tweet This ! Share   On Facebook ! Share On StumbleUpon ! Send An Email ! Print This Page ! View As PDF !



6 comments:

deb duty said...

The difference between the on camera flash and your new flash is amazing. Now I know what my next camera related purchase needs to be.

~dawn said...

"want list" entails new lense first,, but flash is on the list!

Yayyy!! Congrats on new camera gadget!
Thanks for demonstrating
~d

Sarah said...

YAY!! Awesome!

Ashley Sisk said...

I am personally thrilled for you. YOu'll love it!

Catharine @Bliss Photography said...

very cool. try bouncing it off the ceiling but slightly behind you to avoid the overhead shadows. have fun playing!

Lula Lola said...

I need one! I have no flash at all! I bet you're going to love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails