Thursday, September 15, 2011

Living In The Moment

I have put my camera away (GASP! No....what???).  Ok, ok, don't freak.  I haven't actually put my camera away.  I've just learned a few things over the past couple of weeks since taking a Mommy's Camera break and focusing on my Toys In The Dryer adventure.  I have learned to live in the moment.

 Cloud watching with my girls

  • I have learned that I still have a lot to learn about photography.  I have learned that's ok.  
  • I have learned that I am first and foremost a mom.  Photographer wanna-be comes second.  
  • I have learned that it's ok to take pictures that aren't perfect and that it's also ok to simply put away your camera and live in the moment (did I just say put away your camera???).  
What does all this mean?  I means that I'm going to continue to practice photography.  I'm going to continue to do tutorials on Mommy's Camera.  I am not, however, always going to worry about getting the perfect shot or even getting a shot at all.  After all, 20 years from now, when I look back at photos of my kids, am I really going to focus on the composition?  You might end up seeing some pretty bad photos on this blog every once in a while.  In that, however, I'll try to tell you what could have made the shot better.   

Sometimes when I'm too wrapped up in getting the perfect shot, I miss what's actually going on around me.  That isn't right.  Some day I might be a good enough photographer to get a great photo every time but for now I am a mom with a camera and I am learning to live in the moment.

Pin It Tweet This ! Share   On Facebook ! Share On StumbleUpon ! Send An Email ! Print This Page ! View As PDF !



5 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh how I can relate to you! I usually always have my camera attatched to my hip. While at the park w/ my lil guy the other day, I realized I'd forgotten my camera! I thought... NOoooooooO! I also thought about walking allllll the way back home just to get it. But I became rational again. I REALLY just enjoyed the time w/ my monkey, BUT I was also thinking about all the cute pics I could have taken. Sorry for the long drawn out novel. lol. I guess I could have just left it at I relate!

Unknown said...

well stated. :) guess I'll just have to photograph your kids for ya!

Becca said...

I love this. I have been learning this a lot over the past few years. I used to be a camera-take-pictures-of-my-kids-get-great-shots-aholic (and still am, to some degree).

"Hi, I'm Becca, and I am addicted to taking (good) pictures of my kids."
"Hi, Becca."

Anyway, thanks for this post. I love your blog, and I love learning stuff from a mom who is just like me - a wanna-be photographer who loves her kids!

I'll still be around when you post some not-as-perfect pictures of your kiddos :)

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Kristin Marriott said...

I have the opposite problem... it usually ends in a conversation like this:
My husband- This is great, are you taking pictures?
Me- No. I forgot my camera.
Oh, well. I guess I get to do a lot of 'enjoying the moment' lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails