Thursday, July 29, 2010

omg, omg, OMG!!!

Hubby came home from work today with a big smile and a present bag for me.  He told me that he appreciated all the work I've put into helping him start his company and trying to teach him how to use his new computer.  He's been spending a lot of money on things for his company and he knows that I feel left out.  Guess what was in the bag???...




Have you guessed yet???...




Not yet?...




A NEW CAMERA!!!!!!
Here's my new camera vs my old camera.  My new camera is still a point and shoot.  It's a Super Zoom camera, the Canon SX20 IS.  I didn't want a DSLR for reasons I state here.  My old camera is a 6-8 year old (I can't remember exactly) Canon A80.  When I first bought my old camera, it was one of the best in it's class.  Obviously after so long, it is quite outdated.

New vs Old...
The picture on the left was taken with my new camera, the one on the right with my old camera.  Notice the clarity in my new camera!  No matter how many shots I took with my old camera, I couldn't get the clarity of my new camera! (click on the pictures to enlarge them)
The picture on the left was 1/2 the optical zoom of my new camera, the one on the right is full optical zoom of my old camera!  Again, look at the clarity!
The picture on the left is full optical zoom on my new camera, the one on the right is full digital zoom on my old camera.  To see the difference between optical and digital zoom click here.

Unfortunately, that's about all the playing I got to do.  I had a bunch of stuff to do this evening.  I'm only mad at my Hubby for one reason:
He brough home my new camera on a night that I had stuff to do and on a weekend that I work 12 hour shifts Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  I don't get to play with my new camera!!

Pin It Tweet This ! Share   On Facebook ! Share On StumbleUpon ! Send An Email ! Print This Page ! View As PDF !



9 comments:

reagan said...

YAY for the new camera--bummer about that 12 hour shift but you'll get to play with it soon!

Heather said...

Jamie- that is awesome!! So excited for you!

Lori said...

Yea for you, Jamie! It is amazing what upgrading just a little can do for your pictures and your enjoyment of photography! What a nice gift from your hubbie.

Libby said...

Yay! That's awesome!! Can't wait to see more picture comparisons :)

Unknown said...

yay yay yay yay! so happy for you! you certainly were ready for a new camera. sorry I missed your call, but glad it was all about your good news of your "newest arrival!"

Colette said...

I'm turning green as we speak. Such a fun gift from your hubby, very thoughtful! :) Have fun!

Christine said...

Nice camera. But I'm confused. Do you mean that the photos with your new camera are really the photos on the left?

Jamie H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie H said...

Christine-Thanks for the catch! Yes, the pictures on the LEFT are from my new camera!

Related Posts with Thumbnails